|Reported by:||isaackeyet||Owned by:||koke|
Media settings should be added for uploaded content and should mimic the Android app in layout, wording, and features (where it makes sense).
New view should replace or build upon the image detail view in the attachments section of the Post Editor and retain current functionality.
- Image thumbnail (tap to enlarge would be a bonus). Should mimic the layout of Featured Images in the Post Editor / Settings section.
- Caption field
- Link to... setting (mimic core). To start with the only options could be "No linking" and "Media File" but in the future we may want to do "Custom URL" and "Attachment Page" as well.
- Alignment section with 4 settings: None (default), Left, Center, Right.
- Positioning: Above Content, Below Content (retaining current functionality but with an improved UI).
- Width: a regular input field coupled with a slider to change the px value (see the Android app for a good implementation of the slider). We may also want to show a greyed out height value somewhere in the UI but not necessary. See Android app for implementation details.
- Large, red Remove Image button with actionSheet to confirm the action towards the bottom (retaining current functionality).
All new features would be reflected in the markup for the image embedded in the post editor and we also need to make sure it works well with images embedded by other apps and by WP itself.
See attached wireframe for a rough idea of what the view could look like.
Change History (16)
Changed 5 months ago by isaackeyet
comment:5 Changed 5 months ago by jkv1
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed
comment:7 Changed 4 months ago by jkv1
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened